Lecture 4. Arduino LED circuit, Excel Plotting
Checklist: What you need to bring/do for this lecture
- Bring Laptop
- Bring Sparkfun Inventor's kit
- Bring Digital multimeter
- Bring Miniature test clip adapters
- Install Arduino and get set up with the Redboard before coming to class
In Class Quiz 1
Quiz 1 will be at the start of class meeting number 5. Immediately after the quiz, students will set up the in-class part of Homework 2 that is due on the same day.
Homework 2 is due at the beginning of the class meeting next week (Lecture 5).
- Be able to make a plot of given data with Excel
- Be able to build a breadboard circuit to provide power to an LED
- Be able to write an Arduino program to blink an LED
Lecture Videos and Support
- Mandatory: take the online Quiz 3 on D2L. Its access will close 30 minutes before the beginning of Lecture 4 class time.
- Arduino Programming Part 1: Write an Arduino program to blink an LED:
- Slides on the blink sketch.
- Screencast (13:45)
In Class Hands-On
- Excel example: Simple Circuit Analysis and Plotting with Excel
- PDF with instructions on how to built a circuit to power an LED.